Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Yosemite ("Photo") can't read my albums

Hi,

I've upgraded to Yosemite, and replaced iPhoto with Photo. The thing is, the album I had created can no longer be opened (there's an error message telling me that an error occured while downloading the requested theme). WHAT ?!!!

What can I do ? I spent A LOT of time preparing this gift for the anniversary of my wife, and now I can't print it ! I only have a pdf saved, but I saw that it cannot be used by Apple to print an album.

What can I do ?? And WHY Photo can't open my album ?!! I'm SO angry against Apple !!!

Thanks.

iMac, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 5:24 PM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2015 5:43 PM in response to Kikrok

It wuld be better to finish your photo book in iPoto instead of Photos.

The new Photos.app uses different themes for the books than Photo, and not all iPhoto Themes can be reproduced in Photos.

See: How Photos handles content and metadata from iPhoto and Aperture - Apple Support

If you have iPhoto 9.6.1 installed open your iPhoto Library again in iPhoto and finish the book in iPhoto. If you have an older iPhoto version, try to update to iPhoto 9.6.1.

See Barney's user tip:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

iPhoto Yosemite ("Photo") can't read my albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.