Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can some please help with itunes on windows 10

Hi there

I am trying to set up iTunes on my laptop but it will not work. I went to update it so I can connect my sons ipad mini up but it kept saying to update. I tried to update it but it wouldn't so then I uninstalled iTunes and went to reinstall it but it wont let me. I have windows 10 and it says that "there is a problem with this windows installer package. a program required for this install to complete could not be run. contact your support personnel or package vendor"

Thanks for any help would be appreciated

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 8:07 PM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2015 10:09 PM in response to kellmc81

I can tell you right now that your best bet would be contacting Apple Support.

If you don't want to go that route, you can try some of this:

1. Uninstall all Apple programs, attempt to reinstall iTunes.

2. Download an extracting program, unpack iTunes6464setup.exe to the desktop, run each program individually and "UNINSTALL" saving iTunes for last (if uninstall is not an option, cancel the install), run each .msi file again and "INSTALL".

3. Contact Apple Support and ask for assistance.

Nov 25, 2015 1:12 PM in response to kellmc81

Try repairing and then removing Apple Software Update first, then try updating iTunes again.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Can some please help with itunes on windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.