Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emojis not displaying on iPhone 6

I have an iPhone 6 Model MG632LL/A with Verizon and my mom has the iPhone 6 plus with Verizon. Recently, ever since I installed the 9.1 (13B143) iOS update, whenever she sends me certain smileys, it does not display as the standard emoji. Outgoing emojis are fine and incoming are fine most of the time, but it seems particularly when she sends the sad face emoji, it shows up as a weird text. It looks like the smiley that shows up if you type it in your email. I have attached a photo for reference.I'm also experiencing ghost touching, but I'll put that in another post. I have also tried a reset, but I set the phone up from a backup, not as a new iPhone.

Thanks all.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1, Emojis

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 5:16 PM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2015 8:06 AM in response to pnhtricey

SAME exact thing happening to me too. I have a Verizon iPhone 5S. My wife has the same exact phone, both of our phones are updated, and only I am having that issue. Not sure why it's only that one that shows as text... but it kind of annoys me!

Wanted to add that even when we text each other, my wife can see the emojis just fine, but the sad face shows up as text only for me.

Emojis not displaying on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.