Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have authorized 5 computers, but I don't have those computers anymore, and two of them are the same computer but they have been upgraded to another operating system. Itunes is treating them like new computers. I cannot deauthorize them.

I cannot authorize my computer.

null-OTHER

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 5:54 PM

I have authorized 5 computers. i don't own them anymore, so I cannot authorized them.

5 replies

Dec 20, 2016 8:58 AM in response to guadalupefrombrownsville

Deauthorize all and reathorize the one or ones you want or need.

From the article referenced above by Niel:

Windows users

If you didn’t deauthorize your computer before you re-installed Windows or upgraded your RAM, hard disk, or other system components, your computer might be using multiple authorizations. Try deauthorizing your computer a few times until it’s no longer authorized, then authorize your computer again, and it will use only one authorization.

Dec 20, 2016 11:44 AM in response to guadalupefrombrownsville

With Windows it is the instance of the operating system on a particular drive that gets authorized, not the computer as whole. If you've installed a new system drive that will need authorizing separately. You cannot deauthorize the old system partition unless you can boot into it and run iTunes, however you can deauthorize all, then authorize the systems that you want to use.

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer for thoughts on moving the library.

tt2

I have authorized 5 computers, but I don't have those computers anymore, and two of them are the same computer but they have been upgraded to another operating system. Itunes is treating them like new computers. I cannot deauthorize them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.