Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone crashing, draining power, when using snapchat?

I have an iPhone 6, lately, whenever I open snapchat (seems to be main cause) my phone dies (crashes) out of nowhere no matter what my battery power is. (Phone does not crash when it is plugged into a charger ever) When I plug it into a charger it restarts like nothing happened back to the original battery power. But it won't turn on without being plugged in because my phone thinks it is dead. I did the soft reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I really do not want to hard reset my phone. Do I have other options?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 6:27 PM

By a soft reset do you mean just powering off and on? Cause to me that is a soft reset.

A hard reset of the phone to my knowledge is just holding down the "on off" button + the Home button together till the phone shuts off and then turns back on. A hard reset in this case would be fine to do because there is virtually no risk of losing data and all the potential to maybe help with the problem.

You can also try to Reset All Settings just in case there is a combination of settings that for some reason while you are in snap chat that is causing this to happen.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This also DOES NOT get rid of any data in the phone it just resets the settings to factory so you might see your background change back to the original picture.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2015 6:27 PM in response to hhcodora

By a soft reset do you mean just powering off and on? Cause to me that is a soft reset.

A hard reset of the phone to my knowledge is just holding down the "on off" button + the Home button together till the phone shuts off and then turns back on. A hard reset in this case would be fine to do because there is virtually no risk of losing data and all the potential to maybe help with the problem.

You can also try to Reset All Settings just in case there is a combination of settings that for some reason while you are in snap chat that is causing this to happen.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This also DOES NOT get rid of any data in the phone it just resets the settings to factory so you might see your background change back to the original picture.

Dec 15, 2015 6:30 PM in response to hhcodora

I have been experience this EXACT same problem for a few months now as well!!

I took my iPhone 6 to the Genius Bar to get them to run a diagnostic on my battery. They said it had 80% life left, so thats not the problem. So I did a Factory Reset on the phone and installed my apps again 1 by 1 instead of restoring from a back up, but I am still experiencing it. I also have linked this behavior primarily to Snapchat, but I am not sure its the only culprit. Apple diagnostics also said there was a large number of app crashes so I feel like either there is a major software bug or app makers like Snapchat are doing something to crash out our phones....

SUPER frustrating because no one seems to even acknowledge the issue.

iPhone crashing, draining power, when using snapchat?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.