Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

up grade from lion ?

New editing programs? No **** good . Why do developers have to make life so complicated, expensive and difficult? its not compatible with OSX Lion Each one make life difficult, not easy, have to up grade again Each time costing a fortune to buy more up grades to run with the up grade!

Photographers were talking at our club how we are so fed up having to up grade software . To run new programs. And then once the operating system is up graded, So does everything ells costing a fortune,

Photography is not making enough money to justify the cost, Even as a hobby. And why release thing that are not tested properly?

So If up up grade from Lion. Will is work with out any problems on MBP 2011?

Will I have to up grade photoshop CS5

FINAL CUT PRO X

APERTURE 3 WILL IT WORK?

WITH ALL THE OTHER PLUG INS WORK?

WORD?

PARALLELS?

As last time it cost a fortune and I still have not recovered the cost.

What am I losing to the new up grade OSX? and what am I gaining?

I am using 10.7.5

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 7:01 PM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2015 7:13 PM in response to diveactive

For Apple applications, go to this portion of the tip, and post in the various forums your questions for the Apple Professional applications:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2463#professional_applications

Word doesn't change. You may need to upgrade your Office to version 2011 14.5.6 or later, but that's the limit of El Capitan's difference.

Parallels does have updates on their website, and you should check how far they go.

Plugins are hit and miss.

See my user tip:

http://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8811

For more tips on upgrading to El Capitan.

As for whether it is worth it, that's the question only the users of the individual applications can answer.

You can always test a separate partition with El Capitan, and see what works and what doesn't.

up grade from lion ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.