Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clip is not playing correctly

I keep getting these occasional odd glitches where a clip in the timeline suddenly starts playing wrong. In one case, the clip plays correctly, but then suddenly goes smaller in frame, with black around it. There are no effects on it which would do that. It is definitely a glitch. Previously, I fixed it by using the command "delete generated library files" which seems to refresh everything, but it means the entire project has to have it's effects regenerated. Is there a way to fix this one just one small clip when it happens?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 3.4 GHz, Fusion drive

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 7:04 PM

8 replies

Nov 23, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

There is a title on top of the clip, but not where the glitch occurs. Anyway, I moved the title completely off, just in case that was causing any issue, but it did not resolve it. I did "delete generated library files" and that did fix it, so clearly it is some kind of problem with the rendered file which gets resolved by redoing the whole project. My question is if there is a way to redo a render for a specific clip without having to do it for the whole project.

Clip is not playing correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.