Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain apps not updating/installing

When I hit update all on my 8 or so iPad app updates in the app store the other day, two apps' loading bars did not progress what so ever. They weren't spinning like they were preparing to install, but looking like they were prepared to be installed but no progress was being made on the install.

The two apps unable to update were Facebook & YouTube. There was no indication on these apps on my home screen that they were being updated, so I deleted the Facebook app and decided to try and re-install it. Only issue being, when I went to re-install it, it had that same loading error, where the app looked like it was preparing to install but was not making any progress.

I've tried the simple things: closing the app store and re-opening, restarting my iPad, and eventually doing a hard reset to no avail.

Does anyone have any insight to offer on the topic? Any tips are much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Patrick

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 10:15 PM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 7:44 AM in response to patrickredsox

Hi Patrick,

I see that you're unable to update or install a few apps on your iPad. Given the troubleshooting you've done already, the next step I suggest is to sign out of the iTunes & App Store, restart your iPhone, and then sign back in to the iTunes & App Store.

To set options for App Store, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.

App Store settings

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

Certain apps not updating/installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.