Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm creating a slideshow in FCPX. When I import the pictures from an album they come in out of order. Is there a way to sort them in the timeline?

Working on a Macbook Pro in Yosemite using FCP X. I'm creating a slideshow with about 160 photos. I've given each photo a numerical name in front of their original name such as 01 IMG_2222.jpg. When I import them into FCP they are out of order. I can't find a way to sort them in the timeline except manually moving each picture. Is there a way to sort them in the timeline?

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Mac Book Pro

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 8:41 PM

I accidentally solved my own problem. This might help someone else. Use "show clips in list view" which will sort them by name instead of date. Thank you.

3 replies

I'm creating a slideshow in FCPX. When I import the pictures from an album they come in out of order. Is there a way to sort them in the timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.