Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Chinese language at setup - how to change to english

Hi, just opened my new Apple TV Bought in Seattle nov 2015. However all setup text is in Chinese and I can't find a way to change it. Can't even get thru the first menus. Can I reset somehow or what do I do?

AppleTV 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 10:06 PM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2015 2:46 AM in response to PeterccUS

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Locate and select settings (with the gears icon), select the top option in the menu, then scroll down and select the second to last option from the next screen, this brings up a list of languages, select yours. The Apple TV needs to restart to change language and asks you to confirm this, when it does this select the top option.

Nov 29, 2015 2:45 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Unfortunately you cannot get to the home screen until after the set-up stages are completed

I had the same issue as have others from the various posts here, Chinese config at start up is not helpful!

Try working your way through it, mostly it is multiple repeats of iTunes or iCloud password input

Eventually you will get the ability to access the gears icon Winston mentions above and follow his instructions

If you have an iPhone you could also try the bluetooth sync set up option (the picture on the first screen sort of explains how to do this). Just enable bluetooth on your phone and place near to the AppleTV. Your mileage may vary as this also didn't work for me despite flipping bluetooth on/off on my iPhone to enable discovery

Apple TV - Chinese language at setup - how to change to english

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.