Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my wifi drop when using iTunes?

I'm running the latest version of iTunes, and the latest osX (El Capitan 10.11.1). I've had this problem for quite a while now. When I use iTunes it will randomly drop the wifi connection on the computer (it still works on the iPads) and the only way to get it going again is to go to the status bar, turn wifi off, then turn it back on again. What could be causing this?

Thanks!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 11:04 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 8:58 AM in response to wellingtonKarl

Hey wellingtonKarl,

I can understand how baffling it can be to have a seemingly harmless activity such as using iTunes cause your Mac to lose its connection to your Wi-Fi network. Hopefully we can help pin down the source of the problem and get things stabilized on your Mac. If you wouldn't mind providing a bit more information it would certainly help get us going in the right direction.

1. Is there a particular activity in iTunes that seems to cause the connection to drop?
    • Opening iTunes
    • Playing music
    • Accessing the iTunes Store
    • Syncing your iPad(s)
    • etc...
  2. Do you notice any change in the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar when this occurs?
  3. Do you have your iPads set up to sync via Wi-Fi?

Looking forward to getting iTunes and your Wi-Fi connection to play nicely together!

Why does my wifi drop when using iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.