Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse not working

I have a magic mouse (now 2 of them) that have both stopped working with my iMac. I have changed batteries in the old one and have even gotten a new magic mouse, but I am having the same problem with both of them. Scrolling and clicking works, but I cannot actually move the cursor using the mouse. I have a wired one that works fine. I have restarted, removed the plist file as others have suggested, but I am not getting it to work. Any suggestions?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 7:21 AM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2015 1:55 AM in response to drwee01

My relatively new (last 6 months) Mac Mini / with bt magic mouse and keyboard recently started acting up - the mouse in particular (who can really tell on a keyboard??) - we use it as our media device. I then read somewhere that USB 3.0 devices plugged into the Mac Mini could be causing the issue - and I had indeed recently connected a new device to one of the Mac Mini's ports. Disconnected the device and everything is running smooth as silk.

Not a solution - the point of having USB 3.0 / devices is, well, to use them. But, give it a go if you can and see if your mouse starts behaving. Can't hurt to check.

Magic mouse not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.