Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6plus freezing after new update

I have an Iphone 6plus and have updated to the newest software update.

Ever since the update my phone is freezing quite often and I have to lock it and unlock it sometimes 2 or 3 times to be able to navigate on my screen. My screen is not cracked or anything and I have factory reset it once. I have also called apple support and they suggested to factory reset it again. I want to see if anyone else if having this problem and if you know how to fix it.

I have spoken with numerous people who are also having this issue. One of my friends even just switched from Droid to Apple to give it a try and it was having the same issue right out of the box.

Please help I am a huge apple fan but I can not afford to purchase another phone already. I just got this one less then 6 months ago!!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 8:10 AM

41 replies

Jun 30, 2017 7:16 PM in response to jazzycastillo

jazzycastillo wrote:

Please , someone fix this issue I recently updated my software to beta 11 and its horrible . My phone keeps crashing and stoping for no reason extremely hard to type.

You cannot discuss iOS 11 beta in the public forum, it is a violation of the NDA that you agreed to. Beta software is inherently unstable, and Apple recommends that you not install it on daily use devices. It is for testing purposes only, so crashing would not be an issue. Even so, reporting of issues with beta software is accomplished through the reporting app you got as part of the beta program.

Nov 23, 2015 8:16 AM in response to askme3

When you say that you factory reset the device, are you referring to restoring the phone? If you are referring to a restore, did you restore from backup or restore to factory, with no additional content installed? If you restored to backup, it is possible there is some corrupt data on your device that is causing this issue. To test that, restore the device to factory, and without adding any additional content, test the device for a period of time and see if you experience the freezing. If not, you can try restoring your backup again and see if the behavior returns. If it does, then the problem lies in your backup and you would need to restore to factory again and sync your data back individually on the device without using your backup. If that does not help, since you just purchased the device 6 months ago, it is still under warranty and you can have it examined by Apple. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service provider for it to be checked.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Nov 23, 2015 8:17 AM in response to askme3

I don't think this is the same, but maybe related. I just got a new iPhone 6 (brand new, not the 6s though), and every night I go to sleep with it on the charger next to my bed with alarms set to wake me up, and it somehow it always turns itself off in the middle of the night. And that's not the weird part. It doesn't turn back on the regular way; I have to reset it to turn it back on. And...gets even stranger...it has not lost any battery! This is the 3rd or 4th day in a row this has happened and the battery hasn't dipped below 91% the whole time. Do you think it's the charger? I mean the phone is fine all day long. Only when I put it on the charger and go to sleep does this happen. Maybe our problems are unrelated, but I thought I'd bring it up. Good luck to you!

Jan 7, 2016 9:00 AM in response to askme3

I'm happy to hear that they replaced yours. Mine works great, then all of a sudden it freezes, and I have to wait a minute or so on it to come back. When it happens, I can't even turn it off. I thought it was my OtterBox, but I took it off to find out that it's definitely the phone. Mine has doing this for a couple months now, but I don't recall if it was in relation to an update or not. It's highly frustrating. It's happening a lot lately.

Jun 8, 2016 7:18 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I’ve had my 6 plus for almost 2 years now and never had a complaint about it. About a week ago it started going crazy opening apps by itself and writing texts on its own. I would try to call and it would turn on the speaker or hang up by itself. Finally, I had the opportunity to do a master reset and fixed the problem for a while. Called AT&T and they said the phone was not under warranty and I canceled my insurance about a month ago (stupid me)… Please help!!!! Could it have been the new update 9.3.2?

Jun 8, 2016 8:25 AM in response to Gtvogp

I Had the same issue. Figured out after restoring phone a few times not from back up. That the issue itself was the touch part of the screen. I laid my iPhone plus face down on glass and discovered my phone was slightly bent by seeing if the screen would lay flat. It did not lay flat. Went to Apple store and they replaced it. After replacement and restore my phone has had no issues of freezing. The cause was the phone being tweeked to on side from probably falling while in my pocket one day. When the phone is bent even just a little bit the phone will seem like it freezes, it also started going crazy by opening and closing things. If a restore not from back up does not fix the touch problem, take it to Apple. Oh yeah and make sure you have an appointment before you come in.

Jul 22, 2016 11:50 AM in response to askme3

7/22/2016 Re Freezing iPhone 6 Plus

I got so frustrated with the repeated freezing on my 6+ (64) that I just traded it in (7/21/16). Last straw was the current update which did not correct the problem. I tried all suggestions on fix provided on numerous sites. Countless hours spent. The cost of the replacement phone added to my aggravation. New phone is the 6S+ (64). Regarding the sad 6+, this was my mistake. I did not seek prompt resolution with Apple when the freezing first happened (phone was still in the warranty period.) With the new 6S+, with any hiccup, the phone is going back to Apple. I am a long-time Apple user - hopefully the new phone is alike all prior iPhones which worked properly. Those of you with the freezing problems, my best to you finding a permanent resolution. I ran out of patience. Question: I cannot find out if the recall which replaced the camera caused the freezing? Is this a factor with you? Class-action? Apple: will you reply to this post? Thanks Apple, All.

Iphone 6plus freezing after new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.