Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a 3rd party stylus work on iPad Pro?

HI,

I have just got an iPad Pro. While waiting for the Pencil, I'm hoping to be able to use a stylus I already have. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. The stylus in question is an Adonit Jot Mini.

I was seaeching for a setting about stylus or pen, but couldn't find any. I'm wondering if ipad pro can accept input from a regular stylus? Obviously, I hope that it does.

thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Akarin

Bangkok Thailand

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.1, Adonit Jot Mini

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 8:01 AM

4 replies

Jan 15, 2017 11:35 AM in response to daniv79

See my above comments.

The Jot Touch is old and may not be supported on the iPad Pro models.

Also, if this stylus has the disc tip, that maybe the problem, also.

I have their current Adonit Pixel stylus that IS listed as being compatible with the large iPad Pro (No mention of the smaller iPad Pro, you would have to contact Adonit).

I can attest that the Pixel works well and their previous Adonit Jot Touch w/Pixelpoint should still work.

In addition, the apps that use third party Bluetooth stylus input have to support either the manufacturer of the stylus and/or the specific models.

Adonit has two other new models that MIGHT work with the iPad Pro.

The Adonit Snap and Dash2 models.

Again, contact Adonit on compatibility.

It is best to purchase an Adonit stylus directly from Adonit to make sure that the Bluetooth enabled ones are getting the lastest installed stylus firmware.

See my previous post above for the Adonit website.

Good Luck!

Nov 23, 2015 9:39 PM in response to akarin_phu

My Adonit Bluetooth Jot Touch w/ pixelpoint is working fine with my iPad Pro.

See this link to my post.

For those using third party styluses (stylii) with iPad Pro

Maybe iPad Pro doesn't like the disc tip of the Jot Mini

Maybe their styluses with actual pen-like tips work with iPad Pro, like the Jot Touch w/pixelpoint, Jot Script and the Jot Dash.

Contact Adonit to inquire about these particular stylus models.

To insure that you get a Bluetooth stylus from Adonit with the most up to date firmware, purchase direct from Adonit and NOT from other sources like Amazon.

http://www.adonit.net/jot/

Good Luck!

Can a 3rd party stylus work on iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.