Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.1 wifi issues

Work place uses wpa enterprise for its secure wifi connections. IOS 8 had no issues connecting. Home wpa2 network also had no issues. Upgraded to IOS 9 and began to experience inability to connect, even though icon indicates great signal strength.

Occurred on iPad mini Retina display and iPhone 6.

Spoke with our IS people to confirm no changes, and there were none.

Not a novice when it comes to iOS as I am the point person to set up other people's devices and have seen everyone who updated have the same problems connecting.

Things tried:

Turned on/off-no luck

Rebooted-no luck

Forgot network then rejoined, multiple times-no luck

Reset network services, multiple times-no luck

Connected iTunes backed up then restored to factory settings-no luck

Spoke with very nice support person who agreed I had done everything he would recommend and suggested I take it into an Apple Store for hardware diagnostics. Reminded him it worked on every other network but agreed to try the hardware route. Don't think this will prove to be the issue.

To quote Sherlock Holmes "Once you have ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

IOS 9 has bugs.

Follow-up:

Went to apple store and they ran their diagnostics and couldn't find any hardware issues.

Unknown to me, had 39 days remaining on AppleCare.

They offered to give me a refurbished device free of charge.

Not a big fan, knowing what a restore entails, but felt obligated to complete my own diagnostics.

Swapped out, 12hours later, contents restored.

1st day back at work (WPA Enterprise), would not connect, as I expected.

The Truth: IOS 9.1 has a wifi connectivity bug.

Will have to wait for their next "fix".

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1, wifi connectivity issues

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 9:41 AM

There are no replies.

IOS 9.1 wifi issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.