Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac running on El Capitan which no longer responds to Image Capture when attempting to scan using Canon Image Class D1320. Is there a software update for Image Capture 6.7? Thank you!

Image Capture Version 6.7 no longer starts Canon Image Class D1320 scanner. A window now opens indicating that printer/scanner is not connected. (However, by using MF Toolbox PDF, I am able to scan.) Is there a more current version of Image Capture software for use with El Capitan OS? Thanks, in advance, for your help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Safari 8.0.8

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:51 AM

After upgrading to El Capitan I found that I also couldn’t scan using the built in Capture software. Same error. What I did was to disconnect the scanner from my computer, unplug it from the power, and restart my computer. I repowered the scanner, plugged it back into the computer and it began working again. If you haven’t already, give that a try.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 6:51 AM in response to windsleigh

After upgrading to El Capitan I found that I also couldn’t scan using the built in Capture software. Same error. What I did was to disconnect the scanner from my computer, unplug it from the power, and restart my computer. I repowered the scanner, plugged it back into the computer and it began working again. If you haven’t already, give that a try.

I have an iMac running on El Capitan which no longer responds to Image Capture when attempting to scan using Canon Image Class D1320. Is there a software update for Image Capture 6.7? Thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.