Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers won't do a simple column sort.

I'm trying to do a simple moving checklist. I tried to sort the columns, but it's still mixed up. I have the most updated app version On my iPhone 5. This is what I got.User uploaded file

iPad 2, iOS 8, Iphone 5 as well

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 9:58 AM

3 replies

Nov 23, 2015 5:45 PM in response to Guruwrenchmonkey

I think perhaps you meant to say you are having trouble figuring out to sort in Numbers. Numbers is good at sorting.

It's hard to see from your screenshot what your problem might be. Some possibilities: you didn't get the touch gestures quite right, or you have hidden some rows, or you haven't cleared all filters, or you have merged cells somewhere in the table.

SG

Nov 24, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Guruwrenchmonkey

Guruwrenchmonkey wrote:

I Just figured out I have to format that column as a number, theN it'll sort them in order. That picture was the result of me trying to sort vefore I made the column formatted as number.

Numbers sorts Text and Automatic (and Date) just fine here. Maybe you had some hidden spaces and things that were throwing off the sort.

SG

Numbers won't do a simple column sort.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.