Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to install Itunes on a Windows 7 64 bit system. I keep getting an error 7 messaage . Also it keeps saying unable to locate mobile device. I do not use Itunes on any mobile device. I have tried all the various support instructions and keep

I am unable to install Itunes on a Windows 7 64 bit system. I keep getting an error 7 messaage . Also it keeps saying unable to locate mobile device. I do not use Itunes on any mobile device. I have tried all the various support instructions and keep getting the same results. Please help me.

null-OTHER, Windows 7, 64 bit

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:40 PM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 12:40 PM in response to curtisneal

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Nov 26, 2015 4:52 PM in response to curtisneal

Unfortunately.\, I have tried each of these solutions (except the install for older video cards because the is obviously not relevant) at least twice. I am disappointed because you missed the fact as stated that I had used all of the support sights. My problem is that the message that I keep getting when I try to launch ITunes is that it cannot find the MOBILE APPLICATION> Also I found no reference to error 7. I did state that I do not user any mobile device for music. I do not know how to explain that my message did not communicate the exceedingly frustrating experience that I am having. I have gift cards to ITunes that I cannot use because I cannot get the program to. In addition I have a turntable to transfer my vinyl to digital. Unfortunately the conversion program only work's with ITunes software. PLEASE GIVE ME USEFUL HELP!!!I

Nov 26, 2015 5:44 PM in response to curtisneal

This is a user to user support forum. It is not uncommon for people to announce that they have tried everything, with no clear indication of what everything does and does not include. The user tip I have created pulls together nearly all of the useful bits of information I have gathered while trying to help people get iTunes reinstalled. Even if you've visited the page you may not have systematically worked through the various sections, or spotted what is most appropriate to your circumstances. I get that you are frustrated, but snapping at me when I'm trying to help won't make things better.

I wouldn't dismiss the "for older video cards" build out of hand. It is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit releases up to 12.1. It has been a useful workaround for many. If there wasn't any experience of it working I wouldn't still be suggesting it.

Whether or not you have any Apple devices, the iTunes setup program still expects to install Apple Mobile Device Support as one of several supporting components to iTunes. That said I've just temporarily removed it from the machine I'm working on, and iTunes opens without complaint. The section Install missing components might allow you to install all components apart from AMDS and put iTunes in a working state, even if somewhat incomplete. Others have found they can install all of the components this way even though the standalone installer fails.

I believe error 7 messages generally indicate that a component hasn't been installed, however context is really required to give focused advice.

My problem is that the message that I keep getting when I try to launch ITunes is that it cannot find the MOBILE APPLICATION>

If this is {now) a run-time error rather than an error during installation try HT203206: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows.

If you want further advice please supply the full and exact text of any error messages that you receive and describe the activity that led up to them being issued.

tt2

Dec 6, 2015 5:44 PM in response to turingtest2

Unfortunately.\, I have tried each of these solutions (except the install for older video cards because the is obviously not relevant) at least twice. I am disappointed because you missed the fact as stated that I had used all of the support sights. My problem is that the message that I keep getting when I try to launch ITunes is that it cannot find the MOBILE APPLICATION> Also I found no reference to error 7. I did state that I do not user any mobile device for music. I do not know how to explain that my message did not communicate the exceedingly frustrating experience that I am having. I have gift cards to ITunes that I cannot use because I cannot get the program to. In addition I have a turntable to transfer my vinyl to digital. Unfortunately the conversion program only work's with ITunes software. PLEASE GIVE ME USEFUL HELP!!!I

Dec 6, 2015 11:28 PM in response to curtisneal

If you want further advice please supply the full and exact text (or a screenshot) of any error messages that you receive and describe the activity that led up to them being issued.

I would, once more, urge you to try installing the for older video cards version. As given this has proved a successful workaround for iTunes installation problems for a number of users when everything else they had tried had failed.

tt2

I am unable to install Itunes on a Windows 7 64 bit system. I keep getting an error 7 messaage . Also it keeps saying unable to locate mobile device. I do not use Itunes on any mobile device. I have tried all the various support instructions and keep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.