Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing XAVC video into FCP 7

I want to import XAVC video from a Sony PXW-X70 into FCP 7. I understand that I need to convert it to Prores. Can anyone recommend an app to convert it?

Version 10.6.8

Thank you.

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 1:23 PM

EditReady. But that won't run on 10.6.8...only 10.9 and up. And ClipWrap only works on AVCHD files.

Media Encoder? That means you'll need the Adobe suite. Not much out there for this very current format for use on your pretty old OS. And I know that it's not wise to update that OS to 10.9.5, because Motion and Compressor no longer work under that version. So, you might need to run that on a separate computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2015 1:23 PM in response to LudditeNM

EditReady. But that won't run on 10.6.8...only 10.9 and up. And ClipWrap only works on AVCHD files.

Media Encoder? That means you'll need the Adobe suite. Not much out there for this very current format for use on your pretty old OS. And I know that it's not wise to update that OS to 10.9.5, because Motion and Compressor no longer work under that version. So, you might need to run that on a separate computer.

Importing XAVC video into FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.