Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't start Quicktime in Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10586

Hi All,

No problem with installing Quicktime in Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10586. After installing clicking on the Desktop Icon or going to the actual folder for Quicktime and clicking on the program, itself, Windows can't find the program to run it. I uninstalled the program. Ran Apple Software Update and installed Quicktime again and Windows can't find the program. I uninstalled that version and installed QuickTimeInstaller from the Webpage and could not find the program to run it.

Then I downloaded and installed Quicktime 7.7.8 for Windows 10 and I have the same problem.

My guess, is that programmer misspelled the program in the Registry Entries.

User uploaded file

Windows 10, Custom-Built Computer

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 12:44 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:55 PM in response to thecreator

I wouldn't be able to be of any help based on the Tommy Nation install. I have QT 7.7.7 on Windows 10. Because of taking Windows 10 by Microsoft online, to a Windows 7 computer that didn't reformat the hard drive, and left existing programs intact and working.

What I would do is go to C:\ Program Files (x86) right click on QuickTime then go to Properties to see if QT was actually installed. If so it would show up in size on disk as 70+MB.

You could also go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\QuickTime - and double click on QuickTime.msi that is ultimately what is going to install QT.

And check permissions & user accounts. Windows 10 has been odd with programs with whether system or administrator needing full control. I don't see anything much in the registry pertaining to QuickTime other than file types with Windows 10. In earlier versions of Windows there was much more. Only seeing right now iTunes & iPod type entrees.

Can't start Quicktime in Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10586

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.