Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto problems

The updated OS El Capitan is supposed to have transferred all items from iPhoto to the new photographic site Photos Library or Pictures and closed iPhoto down. This has not happened on my 18months old iMac and I have now got two and three picture libraries with some photos still stuck in iPhoto and others in the Photos Library and file called Pictures.

It's a jumble and a mess. Is there any way in which I can tidy this up please? Apple computers should not behave like this. It is infuriating. Fernbank30

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 11:38 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2015 12:12 PM in response to fernbank30

You are somewhat confused.

The updated OS El Capitan is supposed to have transferred all items from iPhoto to the new photographic site Photos Library or Pictures and closed iPhoto down.

No it wasn't. It was to do absolutely nothing at all with your iPhoto, Photographs or anything else. All it did was install a version of a new application called Photos.

This has not happened on my 18months old iMac and I have now got two and three picture libraries with some photos still stuck in iPhoto and others in the Photos Library and file called Pictures.

This is not clear. There is nothing on your Mac called 'picture libraries', not sure what 'tow and three' of these things are, 'stuck in iPhoto'? what does that mean?

Remember we can't see your machine. If you need hope you'll need to describe the issue you are having so that we might understand it.

iPhoto problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.