Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering apps from iCloud after iPad Reset

I recently reset the settings on my older (2012) iPad and downloaded iOS 9.1. My app data was backed up on iCloud. The apps now appear as ghost images on the screen, and I can't find how to download them. Total iCloud storage is 50.0 GB. 40.1 is available. How do I access iCloud to retrieve this data?

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:54 PM

If you want to restore the iPad with the backup, you would need to go to Settings>General>Reset, and Erase All Content and Settings. Then when setting up your device, you would select the iCloud backup you did to restore the iPad to.

If you had game data you wanted to preserve, this is the way you need to go.

If you simply want to download the apps again, you can open the App Store icon, then click on Updates>Purchased>My Purchases>Not on this Phone, and then click on the little cloud with the down arrow to download them.

Cheers,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 6:54 PM in response to liz5106

If you want to restore the iPad with the backup, you would need to go to Settings>General>Reset, and Erase All Content and Settings. Then when setting up your device, you would select the iCloud backup you did to restore the iPad to.

If you had game data you wanted to preserve, this is the way you need to go.

If you simply want to download the apps again, you can open the App Store icon, then click on Updates>Purchased>My Purchases>Not on this Phone, and then click on the little cloud with the down arrow to download them.

Cheers,

GB

Recovering apps from iCloud after iPad Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.