Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to merge two MP4 files into One file?

I'm looking for a way to edit or merge to separate mp4 files(each with one video and 1 audio track) into one file. It is easy enough to use QT Pro to connect the two but other programs that try to play them will see 2 files connected not one file. I hope I'm being clear. Are there other programs or a way in QT Pro to do this?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), MacPro (Harperstown), G-5, & G-4

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 11:19 AM

2 replies

Mar 14, 2016 3:58 PM in response to Busted Flush

If you really mean QT Pro as in QuickTime 7 one way is:

open each mp4 separately

choose the one you wish to have at the end

press Command-A to select the entire video

return to the first video and press the button to go to the end of the first video and press Command-V

That will paste the second video at the end of the first. Save it. It will save the combined mp4's as a .mov file so if that is unacceptable it would have to be converted to a format of your choosing. Mind you, it is pretty fast to save even relatively large videos when combined this way. The conversion afterwards will be the slow part.

Your can also easily use QuickTime Player 10 since you are running Yosemite, and it may be easier:

Open your first video in QuickTime Player 10

Go to the Edit Menu in QuickTime Player 10 and select "Add Clip to End..."

Navigate to your second video and select it

Click the "Done" button on the timeline at the bottom

Go to QuickTime Player 10's File Menu and choose Export

Pick your option for output

You will be prompted for a location to name it and save it.

The drawback with QuickTime Player 10 is that it can be painfully slow to complete.

Gord

Mar 14, 2016 5:16 PM in response to Busted Flush

I'm looking for a way to edit or merge to separate mp4 files(each with one video and 1 audio track) into one file. It is easy enough to use QT Pro to connect the two but other programs that try to play them will see 2 files connected not one file.

Use the QT 7 Pro "Export" option to automatically "flatten" the merged audio and video tracks within a single file.

User uploaded file

How to merge two MP4 files into One file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.