Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove aperture from the app store updater

Hello. I am using Aperture 3.6 on my MacPro (early 2008). It is the last version of this software and there will be no others. I do not plan to move to Photos as I MUCH prefer Aperture and am holding on as long as possible until I find something more comparable. The updater at the App store keeps telling me to update even though I already have the last update. Is there a way to remove specific software from these reminders? I have searched all over the internet to no avail.

Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 12:07 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 12:54 AM in response to jsnauman

So what happens if you try to install the Aperture update. Are you sure it is an Aperture update, and not a Digital Camera raw update.

Can we have a screenshot. Check and see that you have the latest version of Aperture, what does 'About Aperture' say. Quite often the

App Store can disconnect whilst downloading but still post a positive result in the 30 day list.

I have a MacPro 2008 also, running OS X 10.11.1. El Capitan, Running Aperture, iPhoto and Photos, so you won't loose it if you decide to upgrade the OS.

You need to follow the instructions here replacing any mention of iPhoto with Aperture.

Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store

Nov 24, 2015 11:18 AM in response to Eau Rouge

HI. Thanks for your response. I'm not at home for a few days so can't post any screenshots. The aperture version I have is the last possible update before they discontinued...3.6. It is not a digital camera update. I am still running on Yosemite. Waiting to hear there are no issues with el capitain and aperture before updating my OS. I read of a few so am hesitant to make that jump. Aperture keeps appearing on my App Store updates notifications but I have the last known version and when I click on it the Apple Store responds that this update is no longer available from the App Store. I'd like to stop the notifications for Aperture altogether since there will never be an update again and I don't need it. Do you know of a way to stop just for this software? I don't want to stop all notifications....I know we can do that, but I want reminders only for the apps that apple still supports!

Nov 25, 2015 1:03 AM in response to jsnauman

You might want to go to the Purchases section of the App Store, and see what it says next to Aperture there.

What version of Yosemite are you running? Is it a version prior to 10.10.3 which included the new Photos app.

When people updated their versions of Yosemite to 10.10.3 or above they noticed that iPhoto and Aperture were disabled.

However this did not mean you could not get them functioning again. The link I gave you earlier gives you a method to achieve this,

remembering to replace any mention of iPhoto with Aperture. If you do this you will lose the update notification, but you need to update Yosemite

to at least 10.10.3. Does the App Store Updates section have OS X update notifications.

how do I remove aperture from the app store updater

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.