Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hulu not working on Apple TV 4

im having trouble with the Hulu app on my Apple TV 4. When I load the app it is stuck on the intro page, I hit the login button but nothing happens. It then freezes on me, so have to double click home button to exit.

i have tried deleting and reinstalling, but still the same.

has anyone else had issues with hulu?

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 12:52 PM

19 replies

Jan 27, 2017 9:08 PM in response to LSlade

General response:

After living this frustration myself. In my case it was a smart tv being not so smart. I changed from an Apple TV 1 to an Apple TV 4. After reinstallling verifying my router rebooting to no end.... etc...

I removed the Apple TV 1 as a device from my not so smart tv and voila all worked again like it used to.

Aug 24, 2017 9:39 PM in response to Theroverdude

Hi, it looks like MANY people are having trouble with JUST Hulu. Myself included. And yes I unplug and restart and it works. But should we have to is my question. This is a Hulu and Apple issue, not my problem. They need to accept responsibility and fix this. How many of you have to do this 1 or 2 times a week? I do. With Amazon Apple TV app coming there will be some competition. I call HULU each time this happens and politely tell them it is happening again. To the point I go to Netflix and watch it instead. The Hulu app is like the Windows ME software. I must have hot booted my computer 7 times a night. Thats why I have an Apple laptop now.

Dec 11, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Theroverdude

We have been having similar issues. Every night around 9:15 the show we are watching will freeze and then it will come up with an error that it can't load the video. We have to double click and kill the app, then when we restart it, it just stays frozen on the loading screen. I know it sounds like an internet problem, but I can go to the other apple tv in our house and load shows on it. Netflix and home streaming work as well. We have even called our internet provider and had them check our connection, which they show as fine. They have reset our connection. We have restarted all systems and it still won't load. After about 20-30 minutes we can get HULU to load again. Happens every night we are watching something.

Mar 7, 2016 4:37 PM in response to Theroverdude

I'm having the same problem with the 5003 error when streaming HULU. It will stream a very few things, but most TV shows and movies just give the Playback Failure error. It just quit working and no amount of trying, restarting, or waiting helps at all. It worked great until 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Funny, but I also have a ROKU and HULU works perfectly on it!

Any ideas anyone?

Mar 11, 2016 6:11 PM in response to AmericanBadger

I'm also having issues but no error codes. I have an AppleTV 4th gen. While watching the Hulu App, it froze and I was unable to fix it using all the methods listed in the Apple help section. I deleted the app hoping that I could just redownload it but now I get the "Unable to Download App" from the app store. I've tried restarting the AppleTV, force quitting everything, sign out/in apple ID, changed my location... Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2016 12:59 PM in response to Theroverdude

I have an ATV 4 and haven't been able to watch Hulu for the past ~4-5 days. I just get the attached error. I've restarted my modem, router, ATV, everything. I've deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing. My Netflix app on ATV4, Reuters app on ATV4, computer, iPhone, android phone, etc ... Everything ... It all works correctly on the network. All except Hulu. I don't know what else to do!

User uploaded file

Apr 8, 2016 3:54 AM in response to qtastic

Hi,

Do you have the DNS modified? I use Unlocator DNS and when Netflix started blocking proxies, then implemented a beta DNS. That beta works fine for me for Netflix, but it seems to be messing up my Hulu. I changed my DNS back to the original one I was using and Hulu works, but Netflix doesn't. So, for me, it seems to be a DNS issue.

Hulu not working on Apple TV 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.