Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 suddenly can't connect to Base Station anymore

Earlier this morning shortly after midnight, my Windows 10 running laptop could still access the Base Station, the files on it and connect to the internet via it just fine. I also have other devices like my iMac running Yosemite, my iPad and Windows 8 running phone connected to the Base Station.

My iPad was connecting just fine around 9 PM and half an hour later (which was two hours ago) I started up my laptop and found that I had neither internet access on it nor did it show up on the network map.

I tried a soft reset, but even Airport Utility couldn't find. So I started up my iMac and found that one wasn't connected either. I first tried a soft reset with the iMac, but it didn't work. Then I did a hard reset and now my iMac can just connect to the internet and access the files on the Base Station just fine and both the iPad and Windows Phone have not trouble at all, but my laptop still cannot find the Base Station or see it in the network map. I've searched through the internet the past two hours and tried everything I came across, but nothing worked.

Windows 10, null

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 2:32 PM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2015 2:53 PM in response to Yu4

Windows 10 has lousy wireless drivers.

And who knows, an update can have messed up whatever was there.

Try using the laptop with ethernet and tell me if it works..

Wireless I take as a problematic thing in windows.. (and some later Mac OS are not much better).

My advice.. buy a cheap WAP .. eg TP-Link and plug it into the Airport Extreme.. for PC use.. it will work much better.

There is definitely some wireless issues between later Airports and windows 10.

You say you tried everything.. which makes me reluctant to list what I would do..

However this is the fundamental test.

Change the wireless name on the AE to

aewifi (exactly that).

Set no password. no security. (THis is a brief test only).

Set it to channel 11 for 2.4ghz. (you can also try 8 and 6).

Now test the windows computer.

No luck.. then nothing you do will fix it from the apple side.. it is windows.. and drivers.. and settings and other horrible creations of the MS world.

If the laptop uses intel wireless.. download direct from intel the right drivers for your card.. and download the previous one and the one before that as well.. unload the current driver and test these three in turn..

Windows 10 suddenly can't connect to Base Station anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.