Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer Get Track Names in itunes 12

I recently "upgraded" to itunes 12.

In the past when I have ripped a CD into my itunes and there was no internet connection, I would go back later and use the "Get Track Names" feature.

I ripped several CD's into my itunes this weekend when I had no internet connection and when I try to "get track names" it says:

"CDDB information is not available for some of these items" and does not add any information for any of the tracks I have selected.

I have tried both in groups (selecting all the tracks on an album) and by individual song and the same message appears.

I have searched through this forum before posting, but none of the responses to similar questions have helped me in my situation.

I ran the itunes diagnostics and everything came back good, I am able to connect to the itunes store and when I put a CD in the drive when I have an internet connection it finds all of the album info without any problem.

I am trying to avoid having to re-rip everything, possibly creating duplicate copies, etc.

Some of the albums are Adele-25, The Time- What time is it?, etc. so I am pretty sure the album information is in the gracenote database.

Is there a setting I have to change?

Is this some sort of bug with itunes 12?

I have done this many times in previous versions of itunes without a problem.

I have internet access through comcast (xfinity).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Here is the info from after my completed diagnostic.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 x64 Home Premium Edition (Build 9200)

LENOVO 20276

iTunes 12.3.1.23

QuickTime not available

FairPlay 2.9.9

Apple Application Support 4.1

iPod Updater Library 12.0

CD Driver 2.2.3.0

CD Driver DLL 2.1.3.1

Apple Mobile Device 9.1.0.6

Apple Mobile Device Driver 1.67.0.0

Bonjour 3.1.0.1 (333.18)

Gracenote SDK 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote MusicID 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote Submit 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote DSP 3.06.1.3084

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 4:06 PM

1 reply

Can no longer Get Track Names in itunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.