Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used migration assistant to move stuff over from an old iMac to a new iMac. Now Garageband is the old version that was on my old iMac. Anyone know how this happened?

I used migration assistant to move stuff over from an old iMac to a new iMac. Now Garageband is the old version that was on my old iMac. Anyone know how this happened?

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 4:03 PM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 11:14 AM in response to retpa

Anyone know how this happened?

Migration Assistent is supposed to move all applications and documents and data from an old mac to a new mac.

If you got GarageBand '11 back this way, be happy. It is difficult to get this great GarageBAnd version back.

If you already owned the new GarageBAnd 10 you should be able to download it and install it from the AppStore. Rename your old GarageBAnd version to "GarageBand '11" to save it, and then open the AppStore and check the fourth tab, Purchases. If you are seeing GarageBAnd 10, click the "Install" button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.