Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add an editable calendar to Pages for Mac?

Hello,

I'm creating a Pages template to track my clients progress for my personal training business and I'd like to add a calendar to the template. The template will have, among other things, the clients name, photo, start date, contact info, fitness goals, etc., at the top of the page, as well as a calendar towards the bottom half of the page. I'd like the date of the month to be hard-coded in the corner of each day, while still allowing me to add text to each day.

Am I asking too much? Is this possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 5:07 PM

Which version of Pages?

Pages doesn't have a calendar feature like Swift Publishing, but it does have tables which can have sequences.

Just think your problem through.

1. You need the base calendar, set this up as a 7 wide, 7 deep table with whatever size/shape cells you want, with/without borders, colored etc.

2. Join the top row and use this for your month

3. In the cells below add the sequence of the days of the week, formatted with appropriate Text inset, aligned left/top. The Table can continue a sequence that you start. Check how to do that in Pages Help

4. When this is complete,, duplicate it and move that aside. Lock the original table and move the duplicate (Turn off text wrap) over on top of the original and empty the cells so you can add your own text

5. Use styles on all the text elements so you can quickly and easily change them universally when needed.

6. Duplicate the pair for reuse and/or make them into a template

Peter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2015 5:07 PM in response to pmpknetr21

Which version of Pages?

Pages doesn't have a calendar feature like Swift Publishing, but it does have tables which can have sequences.

Just think your problem through.

1. You need the base calendar, set this up as a 7 wide, 7 deep table with whatever size/shape cells you want, with/without borders, colored etc.

2. Join the top row and use this for your month

3. In the cells below add the sequence of the days of the week, formatted with appropriate Text inset, aligned left/top. The Table can continue a sequence that you start. Check how to do that in Pages Help

4. When this is complete,, duplicate it and move that aside. Lock the original table and move the duplicate (Turn off text wrap) over on top of the original and empty the cells so you can add your own text

5. Use styles on all the text elements so you can quickly and easily change them universally when needed.

6. Duplicate the pair for reuse and/or make them into a template

Peter

Nov 24, 2015 2:51 AM in response to pmpknetr21

Hi pmpknetr,

If you have Numbers 3 on your machine, consider the Calendar template (New from Template Chooser in Numbers).

User uploaded file

With a little tweaking, you can get that to fit on one page.

User uploaded file

The blue lines are Alignment Guides to show the page margins.

In the Numbers calendar, there are Pop-Up Menus to change the Month and Year.

User uploaded file

The main calendar and the previous and next 'mini' calendars will update.

Edit: Select All (command a) then copy (command c) and paste (command v) into Pages 5.

User uploaded file

In Pages, you will lose the Pop-Up Menus for Month and Year. Just type a new Month or Year and the main calendar and the previous and next 'mini' calendars will update.

Delete any unwanted rows from the bottom of the calendar, then slide it down the page to give more 'real estate' at the top of the page.

Also, reduce the row heights in the calendar if necessary.

Regards,

Ian.

How do I add an editable calendar to Pages for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.