Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to turn off automatic iTunes star rankings?

Is there a way I can reset the default for iTunes so it does NOT do the following (as described in the iTunes help menu)? These automatic album rankings are messing up my auto playlists by ranking songs I did not want to rank. In other words, can I set the default so that iTunes does not rank any song or album I didn't rank manually? ...

"When you rate an album, iTunes assigns the same rating to all songs in the album, except for any individual songs that you rate yourself. If you rate songs but not the album, iTunes displays the rated songs’ average as the album rating. Stars that iTunes assigns are dimmer than the ones you assign."

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 5:09 PM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 12:13 PM in response to MSJ67

iTunes generates these autoratings on the fly. To clear them use my scripts ClearAlbumAutoRating and/or ClearTrackAutoRating which sets manual values of 1%. There are corresponding scripts to reset things if you want to restore autoratings later.

There currently seems to be another issue where syncing after tracks have been rated on a device may cause an album to gain a full rating in iTunes. Hopefully Apple are aware of this issue and will resolve in a later build, but keep an eye out for unwanted changes.

tt2

Is it possible to turn off automatic iTunes star rankings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.