Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (4th Gen) game app save files missing

Hi, I recently purchased a new Apple TV (4th Generation), model A1625 (64 GB), tvOS 9.0.1 (13T402) and the game app save files, for the games I have purchased, are missing. I will open a game app, get through the title screen to where it wants you to load a save file, and they are blank, as if I were starting a new game. The games I have purchased are, Oceanhorn, Transistor, RayMan Adventures, Badlands, Crossy Road, etc and they are all having this problem.

I have tried logging out of my iCloud account, iTunes and app store, and Game Center accounts, then logging back into them. I also have tried restarting the Apple TV and resetting it, nothing works.

Does anyone know if this is a known Apple TV software or hardware issue? Is there a fix for this? I thank you for any assistance.

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 9.0.1, model A1625 (64 GB)

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 10:33 AM

Its almost certainly a software issue and one I haven't seen mentioned before. I have a few games on mine including Badlands but I've barely touched them so haven't noticed whether they are preserving my saved games. The tvOS 9.1 update is in beta 3 testing so if the problem is known hopefully it will be fixed once 9.1 is released.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 10:33 AM in response to Grunthor77

Its almost certainly a software issue and one I haven't seen mentioned before. I have a few games on mine including Badlands but I've barely touched them so haven't noticed whether they are preserving my saved games. The tvOS 9.1 update is in beta 3 testing so if the problem is known hopefully it will be fixed once 9.1 is released.

Apple TV (4th Gen) game app save files missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.