Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iPad from zooming in on my photos?

Hey guys-

I'm a graphic designer and loved showing my work with my iPad 3. I recently bought an iPad Pro in large part for a job interview this upcoming Monday.

The iPad is automatically zooming in on my photos in the photos app. It's trying to not show black bars, which I appreciate, but I didn't take the photos to be viewed that way. Black bar or not, I need to see the entirety of my images.

I've done some searching and saw this was implemented in ios7 and there was no fix. Is this still the case? If so, seems absolutely ridiculous to limit someone from showing all the information in a picture they took. I've been searching for some portfolio apps for the device, but few if any are optimized for the pro's bigger resolution and look pretty unprofessional, given the large text size.

Any tips?

Ben

iPad Pro-OTHER, iOS 9.1, iPad Pro

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 5:49 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 3:36 PM in response to bgrace11890

What a joke. Apparently the behavior was supposed to removed in the beta, so I signed up for the beta and all my photos were no longer being auto-cropped (good!!)

But now, any new photo I put on the device, it's autocropping it, and i'm on the beta.

Why in the heck would apple ever have it's photo software autocrop/zoom on photos?

None of the portfolio apps available are optimized for the ipad pro....

How do I stop iPad from zooming in on my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.