Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple configurator 2.0 mdm

I'm looking to set up 30 iPad Air 32GB devices to be managed by Meraki for an elementary school. These devices will be rotated throughout the school, thus having multiple users on each device. It is my understanding that iOS 9 allows the ipads to be setup by device name instead of an apple id (previous iOS versions). I'm wondering if we should use Apple Configurator 2 to first set up a profile and then manage through Meraki. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 8:08 PM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2015 11:31 AM in response to Jbeans9

Hey Jbeans.

I know that you posted this back in November. But I hope this finds you well or perhaps you already found a solution.

If you already have the iPads in your possession, you can Supervise the iPads with Apple Configurator 2, and also enroll the Meraki MDM. You can find an enrollment URL to do that on your Meraki portal under "Add Devices"

You can then use your MDM to distribute, install, manage, and update your configuration profiles and settings on the devices. "Supervising" them will give you more control over what you can do to the device, since you are essentially proving that it is company owned, and thus gaining more control with your MDM vs a BYOD device.

If your school bought them directly through Apple EDU, you may be able to supervise them and enroll the MDM via The Device Enrollment Program. Do you have any line of sight as to how they were purchased?

apple configurator 2.0 mdm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.