Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Table for Stat Recording

Hello

I am a pretty big gamer. With the recent release of Halo I wanted to track my stats my self. I need some direction on a functions that will allow me to filter the data in the way I want. Example I want to see how many kills I have per day. Or how many kills I have on a certain map. Maybe both example on 11/20,how many kills did I have on Map "B".

I assume I had to use some type of If functions but I am not 100% sure. I thought maybe a drop down menu rotating maps? But I don't know. Also I am not sure how to get the dates to pop up on another sheet. Or would I have to type the dates on a different sheet for all the formulas to work.

Here are the two sheets I have been working with. The one sheet I have been entering all my data on. The second is the sheet that would show the results. I know I would need to add more rows on the second sheet. The first row on the second sheet shows my K/D but how can I get it for only a certain date? Or like I said earlier a certain map? The "Transactions" and "Budget" are just me copying sheets for ideas so they aren't important.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:26 PM

Itsdaboiblizz wrote:

I want to see how many kills I have per day. Or how many kills I have on a certain map. Maybe both example on 11/20,how many kills did I have on Map "B".

Hi,

COUNTIF and COUNTIFS can help here. Here are some possible ways to accomplish what you want:

User uploaded file

The 'day counter' column is used if you have multiple sessions on one day but you want statistics on a daily basis. It simply increments by day. To work properly it needs the table to be sorted by the date column.

In the Data table:

In G1 I entered 1. In G2 I have =IF(DATEVALUE(A3)<>DATEVALUE(A2),G2+1,G2).

I then filled the formula down the column.

In the Summary table:

D2: =SUM(Data::$D)/MAX(Data::$G)

D3: =SUMIF(Data::$C,C3,Data::$D)

D5: =SUMIFS(Data::$D,Data::$A,B5,Data::$C,C5)

For more examples of these functions you can consult Help > Formulas and Functions Help in your menu.

Also for general ideas have a look at the Running Log template at File > New and choose from the Personal section.

Note that in Numbers you will often find it easier to work with more than one table on the same sheet. After you've got everything working as you want you can cut-paste a table to a separate sheet (tab) if you want.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 3:26 PM in response to Itsdaboiblizz

Itsdaboiblizz wrote:

I want to see how many kills I have per day. Or how many kills I have on a certain map. Maybe both example on 11/20,how many kills did I have on Map "B".

Hi,

COUNTIF and COUNTIFS can help here. Here are some possible ways to accomplish what you want:

User uploaded file

The 'day counter' column is used if you have multiple sessions on one day but you want statistics on a daily basis. It simply increments by day. To work properly it needs the table to be sorted by the date column.

In the Data table:

In G1 I entered 1. In G2 I have =IF(DATEVALUE(A3)<>DATEVALUE(A2),G2+1,G2).

I then filled the formula down the column.

In the Summary table:

D2: =SUM(Data::$D)/MAX(Data::$G)

D3: =SUMIF(Data::$C,C3,Data::$D)

D5: =SUMIFS(Data::$D,Data::$A,B5,Data::$C,C5)

For more examples of these functions you can consult Help > Formulas and Functions Help in your menu.

Also for general ideas have a look at the Running Log template at File > New and choose from the Personal section.

Note that in Numbers you will often find it easier to work with more than one table on the same sheet. After you've got everything working as you want you can cut-paste a table to a separate sheet (tab) if you want.

SG

Table for Stat Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.