Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bypassing activation lock for IPAD

Ok Kind of detailed story but want ya all to understand.

I work for a tourist attraction, manager of front entrance. October of 2014 at our Halloween event a child's trick or treat bag was turned in to lost & found which had an IPAD in it. Of course we couldn't unlock the screen so we just put it in our vault with the assumption someone would call about it for sure. Well here we are 13 months later and the children's bag was found stuffed into a filing cabinet with the IPAD still in it. Our lost & found policy is to retain items for 30 days, so it has been well over the policy date. I charged the IPAD and figured out how to reset the screen lock so there wasn't one. After I did this a message popped up saying "This IPAD was lost and to please call this phone number" So I did but the phone number has been disconnected or changed. I called Apple support and explained all of this to them because it is asking me for the original Apple sign on and password which of course I don't have. He told me that I had done what I could to find the owner so consider my duty done. I would like to give this IPAD to the education department to use at my job but he said that for security reasons, which I am grateful they have them, he couldn't help me. He told me to google "how to bypass a activation lock". So I tried that and they are very confusing or in a different language. Any one know a good place to go to get this information? I have the IMEI# and the ICCID number but this is all. I don't even know what kind of IPAD it is. Please help if you can. I would really like to do good with this lost item since I cant reach the owners.

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 10:48 PM

2 replies

Bypassing activation lock for IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.