Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mavericks install available?

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the install boot for Mavericks (OS 10.9)? I tried my accounts on a number of different macs of different ages, including those that came with Mavericks installed, but Mac App store on my account from those computers only shows Yosemite available.

If I put in a new Hard Drive in one of those and try a boot from internet would that work? I am trying to keep older OS copies to keep my options open.

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 9:53 PM

For a Mac which shipped with Mavericks, use Apple's Internet Recovery system. For other Macs, you either need to log into the Mac App Store with an Apple ID previously used to download it, or go to a physical Apple Store and ask.

(136531)

3 replies

Nov 23, 2015 9:53 PM in response to spinosaurus

if you never downloaded it in your App Store purchases and installed it. Or saved the Downloaded Installer to a backup, No you can't get it. Yosemite 10.10.5 is the same. So if you are able to Download Yosemite in your App Store Purchases, I suggest you do so. and save the Yosemite Installer for a rainy day. Mavericks cannot be purchased from the Apple Store right now either - not available. Sorry to bear the bad news. If your Mac year/model was shipped and bought with Mavericks installed, you can use Internet Recovery to install it only.

Cheers!!

Nov 23, 2015 9:58 PM in response to jndupuis1

Bummer, I was going to go to the Apple store but apparently that won't work. Actually I was putting an SSD dual disk into a 2012 MacMini so I guess I will mount the SSD into the MacMini since it shipped with Mavericks and see if I can get it to load Mavericks by internet recovery. I was afraid it would boot into El Capitan and would not be able to retain a copy of Mavericks. I have cloned the original HD with Mavericks so that may have to be my backup for Mavericks.

Thanks for the help.

mavericks install available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.