Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

order no 2********. I accidentally ordered 2. Need to return one but my sister in law will need to do as I am in the UK. It will not allow me to use the form? please help?

Hello, I have bought 2 Apple stands instead of one. I live in the UK and have had them delivered to my brother in Sydney. I need to get them to return one for me so you can credit my account but it is not letting me complete the returns form for some reason? Please can you help? order number 2*********.

Many thanks

Vanessa.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.1, I want to organise return

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:15 AM

11 replies

Nov 24, 2015 1:29 AM in response to 1nessness

The person who's account was used to place the order is the only one that can ask for a refund. On the receipt is an invitation to report a problem. Report this as your problem. Do it quickly because you have a limited time to return goods 'no questions asked'.

I am having some difficulty in following the exact 'who did what and where' so be sure to set it out clearly in your report.

Nov 24, 2015 2:23 AM in response to seventy one

Hi, I have an invoice.

Basically, I bought the items through Apple Australia, I received an invoice and my sister in law has now received the goods.

I would just like one of the items returning.

I have been online here to follow the return process but it will not allow me stating 'the signed in account does not have access to this order'

The only thing I can think of is that I have changed my password since the order. However, I have contacted the UK Apple support and they have taken control of my laptop and seen the paperwork and tried to sort but it wouldn't allow us. They have asked me to get my sister in law to contact you so I have emailed her as she will be asleep right now.

Would you agree this is the only way? Nothing further I can do?

Thank you

Vanessa.

Nov 24, 2015 2:49 AM in response to 1nessness

Firstly, you are not talking to Apple here. This is a voluntary helpers scheme with no authority to do anything on Apple's behalf.

As for the situation; I'm sorry but I am quite lost. YOU should not be able to buy from the Apple store in Australia, even for delivery in Australia, unless you have an account with the Australian store, a permanent residential address there and a card backed by an Australian bank. So who wrote the order. On who's account.

Were you in Australia when the order was written. Did you use your sister's account. I'm not surprised that Apple support are having problems sorting this out.

Nov 24, 2015 10:49 PM in response to 1nessness

However, I have contacted the UK Apple support and they have taken control of my laptop and seen the paperwork and tried to sort but it wouldn't allow us.

Has anyone heard of Apple using remote control on someone's mac? This is the first time that I heard of this? To the original poster, our you sure you were dealing with apple. There are a lot of scammers out there.

R

Nov 24, 2015 11:09 PM in response to rccharles

I was talking to Apple support this afternoon and Apple asked for permission to use screen sharing; the senior Apple Advisor used a red mouse pointer to move back and forth while asking me to launch/close/do whatever. She did not initiate any actions herself, but simply told me what she wanted me to do. We also had a chat window going at the same time. At one point, we lost phone connection because she wanted me to restart the Mac (and I was using Skype); as soon as I had logged back in, she was right there with the pointer and the chat window and we finished the session using the chat window. So, you could - I guess - call that taking control (to a point).

Nov 25, 2015 7:49 AM in response to rccharles

rccharles wrote:

Has anyone heard of Apple using remote control on someone's mac?

Yes, but it isn't actually remote control. Much like babowa described, an AppleCare agent will sometimes ask a user to download a special, good for one use only, app that allows the agent to see the user's screen & control a red pointer arrow on it. But the arrow is just a 'ghost' pointer -- it can't click on anything. I have done this several times. It works more or less like this:

The agent tells you to type a short web address (URL) into your browser. When you do that you get a page in the Apple domain with a link for the download. You download & run the app, which requires a validation code that the agent gives you. Enter that & after a brief delay, you get a notification asking for your permission for the named agent to see your screen. Allow that & the pointer shows up. Somewhere in the process you are advised to hide anything you do not want the agent to see.

The app has a builtin time limit -- 15 minutes or so after you quit it, the validation code no longer works & you would have to download a new copy to use it again. The time limit allows for restarting the app if you have to restart the Mac, but that doesn't always work so sometimes you have to download a fresh copy if that happens.

It is all very well thought out, the virtual equivalent of having someone look over your shoulder while you run the computer & allowing them to ask you to do things & to point to how to do it on the screen with the red arrow pointer. But they can't do anything else. The user is in total control at all times.

Nov 25, 2015 8:03 AM in response to 1nessness

One last comment here:

You said you are in the UK but also said that you bought the items through Apple Australia. If that is the case, then that is most likely the root cause of your problem and there is nothing anyone here can do to help. Apple stores only work within the country you are situated in and your billing address is as well. So, it is quite astounding that you were able to do this unless you have several accounts set up in different countries.

In any case, the only possible solution is to go to your nearest Apple store with all of your paperwork and try to work it out in person.

order no 2********. I accidentally ordered 2. Need to return one but my sister in law will need to do as I am in the UK. It will not allow me to use the form? please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.