Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Notes is broken since El Capitan upgrade

Hello,

I sync my Notes between my iPhone running iOS 9.1 and my Mac running El Capitan with latests upgrades. It works (it's sometimes slow but it works...)

Since, I've turned on the new features with El Capitan & iOS 9 arrivals, I cannot access my Notes under any browser in iCloud.com. The other features work.

Any idea ?

Thank you

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:12 AM

Hi nfkb,

I see that you are expecting to see your notes in iCloud.com and they are not there. I have two articles for you that will help you address this issue:

Your Mail and Notes data

• Mail data isn't included in your iCloud backup, but your backup does include the settings for your iCloud email account and any other email accounts that you've added to your device. After the restore process is complete, your device retrieves any email messages available from iCloud and your email service providers.
  • If you set up your device to store Notes data in iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Notes), iCloud sends those notes to your device after the restore process is complete.
  • Notes data stored by a third-party service (such as Microsoft Exchange) isn't backed up to iCloud. Consult the provider of that service for information about how to retrieve the data.

Get help finding missing information in iCloud after restoring an iOS device - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203768

Update your web browser

Make sure your web browser is up to date and meets the iCloud system requirements.

You can get help if you need to update Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on your Mac, or Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer on your Windows PC.

Turn on Cookies and JavaScript

If you go to iCloud.com and see an alert, you might need to turn on Cookies and JavaScript on your device.

You can get help managing Cookies and JavaScript on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and on your computer’s Help menu.

Clear your cache

If you see out of date or distorted content on iCloud.com, you might need to clear your computer's cache. Caching is a feature automatically built into your computer that makes frequent visits to the same website or webpage faster.

If a website or webpage has been updated since your last visit, your browser sees the update and then loads the new content instead of the old cached content. In some cases, this doesn't work as expected and your browser displays the old information instead.

Get help accessing iCloud.com - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203534

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 1:12 AM in response to nfkb

Hi nfkb,

I see that you are expecting to see your notes in iCloud.com and they are not there. I have two articles for you that will help you address this issue:

Your Mail and Notes data

• Mail data isn't included in your iCloud backup, but your backup does include the settings for your iCloud email account and any other email accounts that you've added to your device. After the restore process is complete, your device retrieves any email messages available from iCloud and your email service providers.
  • If you set up your device to store Notes data in iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Notes), iCloud sends those notes to your device after the restore process is complete.
  • Notes data stored by a third-party service (such as Microsoft Exchange) isn't backed up to iCloud. Consult the provider of that service for information about how to retrieve the data.

Get help finding missing information in iCloud after restoring an iOS device - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203768

Update your web browser

Make sure your web browser is up to date and meets the iCloud system requirements.

You can get help if you need to update Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on your Mac, or Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer on your Windows PC.

Turn on Cookies and JavaScript

If you go to iCloud.com and see an alert, you might need to turn on Cookies and JavaScript on your device.

You can get help managing Cookies and JavaScript on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and on your computer’s Help menu.

Clear your cache

If you see out of date or distorted content on iCloud.com, you might need to clear your computer's cache. Caching is a feature automatically built into your computer that makes frequent visits to the same website or webpage faster.

If a website or webpage has been updated since your last visit, your browser sees the update and then loads the new content instead of the old cached content. In some cases, this doesn't work as expected and your browser displays the old information instead.

Get help accessing iCloud.com - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203534

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

iCloud Notes is broken since El Capitan upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.