Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking Pages and Numbers files

As a new user of pages and converting from word and excel I am used to using pivot tables in word to create a document.

Is there a way to use a formula such as vlookup to pick up data using a link to a numbers sheet. I have a problem filling in the column range in the table in pages to look at another document in numbers.

Thanks anyone from a frustrated searcher for a solution 😁

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:59 AM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 9:06 AM in response to Richard2903

In Pages v5.6.1 (El Capitan 10.11.1), I have successfully tested a VLOOKUP between a visible table, and an invisible Rates table.

The Rates table is changing the Table name to Rates, and it is a 10 row, 2 column table. The first column has all cells formatted as percent, and the second column formatted as numbers that will be returned to the cell with the VLOOKUP formula. In this example, I did not use any conditionals to determine the specific value for the VLOOKUP. In the following, I have hidden the Rate table outline, and the individual row/column lines. I have temporarily revealed the table name, and cell contents before I uncheck the former, and set the Text color of the cells to white for total concealment. One can infer the VLOOKUP formula for the other cells based on the first.

User uploaded file

Linking Pages and Numbers files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.