Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Important legal issue on device ownership?

How a company can claim ownership of device legally at Apple authorized re-seller, if it fails to get its ex-employee unlock the device from its personal ID?

iPad, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:41 AM

7 replies

Nov 24, 2015 1:08 PM in response to Winston Churchill

It is a colleague here responsible for procurement who has made the purchase for all products from the re-seller. I have a copy of receipts as well trying to unblock this as I will use this device from now on. It was functional with iOS 6 until I have upgraded in iOS 8 and when i tried to activate it is connected to this apple id...The company can make official claim or request if necessary...

Nov 25, 2015 12:40 AM in response to vasco96

Contact AppleCare (or Apple ID Support), upon speaking to an operator you should explain that your problem is related to your Apple ID, this way you will not be charged for assistance, even if you don’t have an AppleCare plan.

I'm not exactly sure what procedures are in place for such events but Apple can assist in such cases, but it may take a while and you may need to provide proof of purchase and other corporate documents.

For future reference your best tactic might be to use Apple Configurator to set up all your companies devices. You can set the password for 'Find my Phone' to be identical for all your devices, whilst allowing the user to use their own password for the remainder of the iCloud services.

Important legal issue on device ownership?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.