Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have hidden files in Aperture library. Is there any way to get rid of them?

Look, I set a searching in Aperture with an option Show managed files - I can’t see nothing, all the files are referenced. I checked it up manually again - they are. Nevertheless, I see a lot of files in the library > Masters. All of them are not presented in Aperture. How can I delete them? I’m afraid to delate them manually

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:14 AM

7 replies

Nov 24, 2015 11:44 AM in response to AlekThunder

Try to rebuild the Aperture library. See this Manual page: Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

When you rebuild or repair your Aperture library, it will collect all stray files from the library in a special project "Recovered items". You can inspect these images and then delete them form the library, if you do not need these originals.

Nov 24, 2015 11:38 PM in response to AlekThunder

I don't know if it makes a sense, it's not Aperture it's iPhoto library, I use both apps to work with it

There are some iPhoto images, that Aperture cannot reveal. Have you opened the library in iPhoto to check for hidden files?

Aperture cannot see files, that have been hidden in iPhoto. Open the library in iPhoto and enable "View > Hidden" and search with a smart album "Photo is hidden". If this album is not empty, select all photos and unhide them with ⌘L or delete them, if you do not want them any longer.

Vice versa iPhoto cannot show photos that have been rejected in Aperture.

See this link: Using the Unified Photo Library - Apple Support

Scroll down to "Browsing Photos".

Nov 25, 2015 12:20 AM in response to AlekThunder

HHave you used external editors or plug-ins? Sometimes they are saving copies to the Masters folder that iPhoto or Aperture cannot access, for example, if they are using the wrong file name extension.

or permission problems could prevent Aperture from emptying the Trash completely.

you ou have checked all filters in Aperture,, if they are set to "showing all"? so. O hidden photos will be excluded, when you are starching for referenced files?

Nov 25, 2015 1:25 AM in response to léonie

HHave you used external editors or plug-ins? Sometimes they are saving copies to the Masters folder that iPhoto or Aperture cannot access, for example, if they are using the wrong file name extension.

Thank you. For sure, I use an external editor and plug-ins. But in this case I didn't apply them to the images. Anyway, I appreciate your note, it's useful info.

Everything else of your suggestions I checked twice, at least.

I appreciate so much for your time and your attention.

I have hidden files in Aperture library. Is there any way to get rid of them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.