Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firewire external drive not showing anymore on my finder

Hi there, maybe someone can help me. I have a G Drive external disk, being using for quite a while, never had a problem. Yesterday I ejected the disk and since then if I reconnect it will not show in the finder. I noticed when I ejected the drive that the window for not having properly ejected it came out just after but I'm 99% sure that i did successfully ejected before disconnecting, I tent to be careful about this.

The only novelty is that I have recently added a seagate USB external drive as I'm working on a project that was deliver in it. A part from this nothing different on my mac, an old intel core IS with 10.6.8. The disk appears on both the disk utility and system map under system profiler

I have tried the basic; disc utility repair (where it tells me basically to back up all and restore), restart with cmd on, terminal routine with no success.

Does anyone has the magic recipe for this? thanks.....

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:37 AM

There are no replies.

Firewire external drive not showing anymore on my finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.