Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan..... AVOID IT......!

I lost a couple of hours to understand what happen after migration Yosemite to El Capitan. My power book i7 is now freeze at lauching and i have reading that many persons are in same situation.

If Apple should pay the time lost around the world because they lauch a wreach OS, I did'nt know if they have enough money.

I am extremely disapointed about unprofesionnal working.....

I have now to return to Yosemite which is stable and run correctly.

Next time I will read the forum before updating.

Disapointed Gerard

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 2:55 AM

16 replies

Nov 24, 2015 3:18 AM in response to gebord

gebord wrote:

I lost a couple of hours to understand what happen after migration Yosemite to El Capitan. My power book i7 is now freeze at lauching and i have reading that many persons are in same situation.

If Apple should pay the time lost around the world because they lauch a wreach OS, I did'nt know if they have enough money.

I am extremely disapointed about unprofesionnal working.....

I have now to return to Yosemite which is stable and run correctly.

Next time I will read the forum before updating.

Disapointed Gerard

You shouldn't use the people here as a barometer for whether or not you should upgrade your operating system. These forums are like the emergency room of a hospital; you're only going to see people with problems. Over 20 million people worldwide have downloaded El Capitan, and there haven't been 20 million people posting either negative reviews or questions here. It's been my experience that about 90% of the people who complain about issues with El Capitan have those issues because of problems with their own computers, not because the OS is faulty. If the OS was the problem, then everyone who has downloaded it would be experiencing the same things, and they aren't.

What you should do is go to http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck and download EtreCheck. Copy/paste the status report here. That way we can see what's on your system right now, and something on there might account for the slowness and lagginess you're experiencing, and then we can advise you on how best to fix it.

Nov 24, 2015 7:36 AM in response to gebord

Determine if you can start your Mac in "Safe Mode":

• Safe Mode or "Safe Boot" is a troubleshooting mode that bypasses all third party system extensions and loads only required system components. Read about it: Starting up in Safe Mode
  • You must disable FileVault before you can start your Mac in Safe Mode.
  • Starting your Mac in Safe Mode will take longer than usual, graphics will not render smoothly, audio is disabled on some Macs, and some programs (iTunes for example) may not work at all.
  • Merely starting your Mac in Safe Mode is not intended to resolve the problem, it's to observe its performance without certain additional components.
  • To end Safe Mode restart your Mac normally. Shutdown will take longer as well.

Nov 24, 2015 9:11 AM in response to John Galt

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 13inch (2012) 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 is mine eligible? My QuickBooks program isn't working and I'm trying to revert back to Mountain Lion (since I really didn't think much of Yosemite). I attempted this on my own twice by erasing my hard drive then connecting to the internet to start with the originally installed OS (of course I do have back-ups with Time machine) . Unfortunately it seems I don't know the correct steps because I always have El Capitan. For me its like a virus that is stopping me from doing business. Could you please tell me how to completely delete El Capitan?

Btw, I did use Safe mode twice with no luck, QuickBooks won't open, crashes immediately.

El Capitan..... AVOID IT......!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.