Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable Facetime in non Midlle-east country

I purchased a new Iphone 6 from apple certified seller in UAE. IOS 9.1 is installed. The phone was unpacked and used in my home country (Tunisia) but Facetime is disabled. How could I restore this application without Jailbreak?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 4:40 AM

10 replies

Nov 24, 2015 8:13 AM in response to MaktoufW

No. Whether or not an iPhone has FaceTime is a combination of the device's model number and the SIM card; iPhones with a country code of AB or AE will only have FaceTime on a small number of networks, all of which are in the Middle East. Neither other carriers nor Apple(unless the law changes) will assist with this.

(136538)

Nov 24, 2015 7:03 AM in response to MaktoufW

MaktoufW wrote:

I can't understand why Apple Technical service could not help with this issue.

A lot of people oversee this restriction and made the mistake of purchasing an apple device from these countries.

I Very much doubt Apple could help if they wanted to. They are required by law to disable the service in firmware in order to legally sell their products in those countries that ban FaceTime. I'd imagine that requirement includes that they not bypass the restriction on those devices later on. They would potentiall face being banned from selling devices in those Middle East countries if they violate those legal restrictions in the devices they sell there.

Nov 24, 2015 8:24 AM in response to Michael Black

Mike, Neil,

Unfortunately what you specified is correct. I had a chat with Apple Technical service and the local carrier in Tunisia (Orange). They can't do anything.

Both confirmed that FaceTime could not be disabled on a device purchased from UAE/Saudia/etc..

I will avoid such mistake for the acquisition of my next Iphone gen (6S or 7).

For people facing similar issue, I would advise to not spend time looking of a solution.

I lost so much time looking for a way to resolve, without sucess..

Of course Jailbreak is not my preference

😟

Enable Facetime in non Midlle-east country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.