Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 iOS 4.3.1 => 9.1 leads to Infinite Loop

Device: Ipad 2 64GB

Current iOS: 4.3.1

Ipad belongs to my friend's father, he has no idea about software updates etc so his ipad is still running ancient iOS. He tried to update iPad via iTunes and that led to unknown error 9 and iPad's gotten stuck at infinite iTunes loop. The only thing that helped was redsn0w tool for breaking iTunes loop, after that iPad was working ok. When I tried to update it one more time it returned same result.

Question is: Error 9 seems to be USB connection failure, but iPad synchronizes without problems while on iOS 4.3.1. Also tried on 3 different laptops (2 x Mac OS and one Windows), same result.

Is there any way to finally update iPad at least to iOS 7 or 8 if not 9?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 2:50 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 10:30 AM in response to andrewbichik

Hey Andrew,
Sorry to hear about the issues you and your father are having trying to update your software on his iPad 2. Let's see if we can get it sorted out.
I know you have tried isolated issues with the USB connection, but have you also looked at any security software that is installed on the computer that may be preventing a connection that iTunes needs for updating the iPad. If that is good, then it might be a hardware issue and your next best step would be to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Take a look a the article below if you have not done so already that goes over multiple troubleshooting options for different error codes that you might come across while updating or restoring.
Get help with iOS update and restore errors
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770

Take it easy

Ipad 2 iOS 4.3.1 => 9.1 leads to Infinite Loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.