Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S backup failure

Hi Guys,

I have an iPhone 4S that is not back-ed up since 9 weeks now due to back up in complete even though it is connected to Wi-Fi and to power for charging, i'm not getting any reason why this is happening it is just not completed. can you please help me on this? Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:19 AM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2015 11:58 AM in response to Osama ramahi

Hello Osama ramahi,

If you have been unable to back up your iPhone 4s using iCloud, I would suggest you try connecting it to your computer and back up using iTunes.

About backups in iCloud and iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136

iTunes backups

From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup.

An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks (You can back up this content using Transfer Purchases in iTunes.)
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977

Make a backup using iTunes

1. Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
  2. Save content that you downloaded from the iTunes Store or App Store by clicking File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. Then wait for the transfer to finish. If you're using Windows and you don't see a File menu, hold down the Control and B keys.

User uploaded file
  3. If you want to save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch, you’ll need to encrypt your backup: Select the box called Encrypt [device] backup and make a memorable password.

Write down your password and store it somewhere safe, because there's no way to recover your iTunes backups without this password.

If you don't need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that isn't encrypted. Just click Back Up Now. If you're using Windows click File > Devices > Back up (if you don't see a File menu, hold down the Control and B keys).

User uploaded file

After the process ends, you can see if your backup finished successfully in iTunes Preferences > Devices. You should see the name of your device with the date and time that iTunes created the backup. If you encrypted your backup, you should also see User uploaded file beside the name of your device.

User uploaded file

Follow more steps if you need help making an iTunes backup.

Take care,

iPhone 4S backup failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.