Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth limitations of Apple TV

I'm aware that the Apple TV 4 has limitations to its bluetooth connections. I want to have three extra devices attached in addition to the normal (Siri) controller: a Nimbus Steelseries, a Guitar Hero guitar and a Disney Infinity Base. Will I have to go into settings and reconnect devices each time I change between those games or will the limitations allow my kids to move between controllers seamlessly?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:04 AM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 7:29 AM in response to andro101010

You will need to manually set it up...

http://m.imore.com/what-you-need-know-about-apple-tv-and-game-controllers

You can only have two controllers (and a remote) hooked up at any time

Don't get too excited for four-player mayhem just yet: Unfortunately, you can only link two MFi controllers to your Apple TV at a time. That, plus the Siri Remote, seems to indicate a total of three possible players at a time (unless the game in question also offers iOS controllers, as well.)

Nov 25, 2015 1:49 AM in response to Protodd

It's not a question of the number of players on any one game. It's what you have to do when moving between games. From reviews it sounds like Disney Infinity works with two players, both using MFi controllers, and a bluetooth connected base for figures. This implies that the base doesn't use up a controller 'slot', whilst bluetooth speakers do. If the guitar hero controller similarly doesn't use up a slot then my kids can switch between games without having to spend time pairing devices. Makes sense?

Bluetooth limitations of Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.