Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a backup of an ipod touch in Windows 10

I can't sync an old ipod because the last backup is corrupt. The error message says to delete it but where do I find it and how do I identify it?

Windows 10, ipod Touch

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 4:18 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 11:22 AM in response to jw from wgc

Hello jw from wgc,

The resource below explains how to find and delete an iTunes backup that you made. I've highlighted the information for Windows below. Click on the link for complete details:

Find and manage your iTunes backups
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204215​

Learn how to find a list of iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch backups on your Mac or PC. To free up space, you can also delete the backups that you no longer need.

Find iTunes backups on your Mac or PC

If you sync your device with iTunes, it saves backups to your user folder. The location of this folder varies depending on your operating system.

If you want extra copies of your iTunes backups, you can copy the backup folders to another location, external drive, or network storage location

Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10

Find device backups in \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

To quickly access the Application Data folder:

1. Locate the search bar.
    Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click Start.
    Windows 8: Click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner.
    Windows 10: Click to the right of the Windows icon in the lower-left corner.
  2. In the search bar, type:
    %appdata%
  3. Press Return.
  4. Double-click these folders: Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup.

Delete an iTunes backup

1. Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences. Learn how to turn on menus in Windows 7 and 8.
  2. Click Devices.
  3. Choose the backup you want to delete. If you have multiple devices or backups, hover the mouse pointer over the backup to see more details.
    User uploaded file
  4. Click Delete Backup and then confirm.

Last Modified: Oct 30, 2015

Hope that helps ...

How do I delete a backup of an ipod touch in Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.