Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth speaker low audio when connected

Hi

My current issue is with the connection of my bluetooth speaker to my MacBook. I am currently running Maverick 10.9.5. When the speaker is connected to audio volume is very low , almost inaudible unless I hold it to my ear. The speaker works as it connects to my mobile phone.

I have used this speaker with other MacBooks .. last running Snow Leopard so I believe it is Maverick that is the problem. I have also tried connecting a Bose speaker and the same issue is apparent. Although I have tried resetting the PRAM with no success in the past .... I did try it last night and it worked but I turned on my computer and reconnected today and I am back to the same issue. I tried once again to reset the PRAM but it did not work. I also tried the resetting the SMC and disconnecting and re-pairing the device ... I have gone into the sound settings and no luck either. Needless to say I think I tried everything.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I cannot find a clear solution to this problem anywhere on the web. Any Mac wizards our there?

Appreciated

RN

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Late 2010

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:29 AM

There are no replies.

Bluetooth speaker low audio when connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.