Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am receiving an error message that my start up disc is full. I have an Airport Time Capsule 3TB, that I believe is full. As a result, all updates have also paused. I purchased a Lacie 4TB external drive for back-up from the apple store. Is it pos

I am receiving an error message that my start up disc is full. I have an Airport Time Capsule 3TB, that I believe is full. As a result, all updates have also paused. I purchased a Lacie 4TB external drive for back-up from the apple store. Is it possible to move all 50,000+ photos/videos to that drive to make room on the HD/Start up disc? If so, how?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:28 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 9:06 AM in response to iWilder

If your photos/videos are not part of a Time Machine backup, then it should be possible to transfer them from your Mac's internal hard drive to your Lacie external drive. You should be able to do so by simply copying them from one to the other. Once you completed the copies, you should verify that they are all available on the new drive BEFORE deleting any of them from the internal drive.

I am receiving an error message that my start up disc is full. I have an Airport Time Capsule 3TB, that I believe is full. As a result, all updates have also paused. I purchased a Lacie 4TB external drive for back-up from the apple store. Is it pos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.